Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Files, files, and more files

I'm cleaning out the desk of someone who was layed off after several years. I am trying to organize her "stuff," which was really some of the company's important papers. Some papers, she seemed to not know what to do with. As a company, we tried many organization systems -- scanning everything, filing some things, etc. I loved it when we scanned most documents as I seem to be able to sort folders electronically better than I do actual physical files (plus there's always "spotlight" search on my computer).

Today I read about 2 sites: Shoeboxed.com and FileMyReceipt.com. Shoeboxed.com will scan your receipts for you for $19.95/month. I dont know what a company rate pricing is, but I'm curious. FileMyReceipt has you scan in the receipts yourself and will store them. This doesnt seem to be much use, as I could store them myself -- even using Amazon storage services if needed. But having someone scan my receipts? Hmmmmm. Sounds like a good idea to me. I wish I knew someone who had used their services.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, this is Dan from Shoeboxed, and I'm happy to hear you are interested in our new Receipt Mail-In program! We have had a TON of interest since we launched the program, and a lot of people are signing up every day. Check out our testimonials and press pages to find out what other people are saying.

http://www.shoeboxed.com/mail-in-testimonials.htm
http://www.shoeboxed.com/press.htm

We are more than happy to work with you to create a customized plan that works best with your needs for receipt scanning. When you register for Receipt Mail-In, you'll have a personal customer service rep that works with you for whatever problem or need that you might have.

I can talk with you more, and anyone else that is interested in Receipt Mail-In, if you send an email to mail-in@team.shoeboxed.com.

Dan Englander
www.shoeboxed.com

Anonymous said...

I do not use any of the above sites. I use KeepMyMarbles.com because all your uploads are encrypted, unlike the above sites where any admin staff can read your receipts. Just my two cents.

Stacey.

Mojo said...

Thanks for the input on KeepMyMarbles.com. I like encryption. I'll check it out.