Monday, January 07, 2008

All-Digital TV is coming....

I knew it was coming. I read a blog that reminded me. On February 17, 2009, federal law requires that all full-power television broadcast stations stop broadcasting in analog format and broadcast only in digital format.

So, I hopped over to the government website that gave me the scoop. I guess my 10+ year old TV wont work. We don't use cable, but rather use antenna. But then, I don't remember the last time I turned the TV on. I'm more content watching DVD's of movies and old TV shows using a big screen projector. Or, I'm watching YouTube on my iPhone. I seem to get all my news via the internet. Maybe I don't much care that All Digital TV is coming.

Of course, its another issue as to whether the government will be ready for February 2009.

No comments: