Saturday, May 08, 2010

How does your budget or spending compare?

Do you keep a budget or track your spending?  I track my spending in Quicken and I do a mental budget based on my spending.


Here's an interesting website that allows you to compare your spending to those living near you.  Go to the site, fill in the parameters on the left. Parameters include age range, household status, location, and income. You'll see a listing of what the average household similar to yours spends on various expenses each month.  I changed the month showing because I thought December wasn't accurate (unless you want to know about holiday shopping).  Be sure and drill down on the bubbles to get further information.


Its an interesting experience, but I certainly don't put much reliance on their numbers.  They dont match my spending patterns at all.  Do you know your spending patterns?

No comments: