Friday, June 27, 2008

Lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer

Where are the lazy days? I don't seem to have as much time to write in here in the summer. I'm running up and down the road during my lunch hours picking up my kids from summer camp and bringing them home. Then I rush back to work for the rest of the afternoon. I come home take my son to either soccer camp or boy scout camp, come home fix dinner. Before I know it, its after 8 pm. Meanwhile, I just want to lounge around the pool, bask in the sun and relax. But part of me wants to get into a project I am working on for after I terminate my employment in a few weeks.

Some of my current co-workers are "busy" taking vacations at periodic points during the summer. I know that a lot of New Yorkers go to the Hamptons during the summer and it is often impossible to make contact with them on Fridays (unless you have "personal" relationships with them and can call them on their cell phones.

What are your customers doing? Can you make deals during the summer, or are too many people away from their offices to get final approvals? I've been wondering how much business gets done before September. What sort of CRM program or analysis tracks when people take vacations and the optimum time to make a sale?

No comments: